Sunday, September 4, 2011

Autumn's almost here!

As the new season approaches, lots of transitions and changes are happening.  My yoga practice helps me maintain my equanimity as I transition from one role to another at work, as I perform household chores and try to allocate my financial resources wisely, as I take on new yoga teaching gigs (more about those in a bit), and as I try to remember to do everything with a sincere intention to be of service.

Some highlights from recent weeks:

  • The lovely Lila Donnolo taught a super fun Partner Yoga workshop at Open Heart Yoga School while she was in town teaching AcroYoga at the Flowjo.  John and I both had a blast.  We met some new people, got a great workout, and deepened our connection to each other--all at the same time!  The experience got me really excited about playful ways of experiencing movement, so I've signed up for an aerial dance class at the Flowjo beginning on Sept. 28.  
  • Jonathan Safran Foer came to UNC's Memorial Hall to talk about his book, Eating Animals.  If you haven't read it, it's a wonderful examination of the American way of raising and eating animals from the days of traditional animal husbandry to the current systems of agribusiness and factory farming.  If it leaves you really inspired to change the world one plate at a time, or if you just want to try a healthier way of eating, join the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine's 21-Day Vegan Kickstart, starting tomorrow.        
  • Veda Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training is winding down, with only two weekends left!  I'm excited to be graduating, but I will miss meeting regularly with the amazing group of yogis I've been on this journey with since March.  As I work to complete the course's writing assignments and re-read my notes as I plan my yoga classes, I realize just how much I've grown during the course of the training, and how much more I want to learn.  At the end of October, during Halloween/Moogfest weekend, I'll be taking the Radiant Child training at Asheville Yoga Center between electronic music shows and frolicking about the city with John.  Another long teacher training is definitely on the horizon.  The question is, which one and when?  Maybe Jivamukti...
Yoga teaching updates:
  • Caroline Kilaru and I will be co-teaching a FREE yoga class at Wilson Park in Carrboro on SUNDAYS from 8-9 am starting next Sunday, Sept. 11.
  • I'll be teaching a second children's yoga class, Lil' Asana for ages 4-10, on MONDAYS from 4-5:15pm at Open Heart Yoga School in Carrboro beginning October 3.  
  • I'll continue to teach Kids Yoga for ages 3-5 from 11am-noon on SATURDAYS and Hatha Yoga 1 from 12:30-2pm on SATURDAYS at Triangle Yoga during the fall session.  The new session begins on Sept. 17.  Please e-mail me at nicolelilyoga@gmail.com if you have any questions about any of the classes.    
Love to you all!

My friend Cab in tree pose, then drawing at the end of class.  So sweet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment